PCP Addiction Facts and Figures
PCP addiction is extremely dangerous, find out how to spot the signs of addiction
can occur and does exist amongst consistent abusers of this drug. Though known as a hallucinatory drug, this substance can become addictive with severe consequences. Emergency room visits involving use of PCP have consistently risen
over the years, especially when the drug is used in combination with other illicit drugs or pharmaceuticals. PCP is short for phencyclidine. It is commonly known as angel dust, among other street names like "the peace pill", though the drug's effects have been known to cause users to exhibit violent behaviors.
PCP can be smoked, snorted, or injected to help users achieve a euphoric high, loss of ego boundaries, have hallucinations, and experience an altered mood state. Many users report feeling detached from reality when taking PCP.
Is PCP Addictive?
Many recreational users of angel dust wonder is PCP addictive
?Ã¡This drug can become addictive, requiring withdrawal and treatment for recovery. Some of the symptoms of PCP addiction include:
- Psychological cravings for the drug when you've gone a short while without having it
- A feeling that you must have PCP in order to function throughout the day
- Making sure you can obtain a steady supply of PCP
- Spending money you don't really have to buy the drug
- Missing work or school in order to get high
- Driving or performing other risky activities while high on PCP
- Not being able to stop using PCP on your own
- Experience symptoms of withdrawals when you try to quit using PCP
- Requiring higher and higher doses to achieve a high
PCP Withdrawal Symptoms
When someone has a PCP addiction, stopping usage of the drug can cause PCP withdrawal symptoms
. It's important to seek out a treatment center and receive medical detox. Some PCP withdrawal symptoms include:
- Fearful, anxious feelings
- Irritability, agitation
- Muscle twitches
- Heightened body temperatures
- Intense cravings for the drug
- Speech difficulty
- Memory loss
- Decreased reflexes
Effects of PCP Addiction
An addiction to PCP can have long-term effects that can damage you psychologically and physically. These effects may include:
- Feelings of numbness
- Loss of body coordination
- Darting eye movements
- Hearing voices and other hallucinations
- Feelings of invincibility
- Not feeling pain sensations
- A desire to harm oneself
- Loss of rationality
- Memory loss
- Violent aggression
- Brain damage
- Suicidal thoughts
Both the effects of PCP abuse and the withdrawal symptoms can be quite serious, painful, and disturbing. This is why it is so important that you find the right rehab facilities for your or your loved one's addiction to PCP, where specialized addiction treatment can begin and holistic rehabilitation will set you up for success.
Find the right rehab facilities for PCP addiction where you will be assessed and receive appropriate treatment. Drug rehab treatment programs in Green Bay are effective in helping people break the cycle of addiction and lead drug-free live. There are inpatient and outpatient programs to help you cope with PCP addiction and find your way to sobriety once again.
Take your life back and call today for help in seeking out the right treatment program or facility for your specific needs. Contact Drug Treatment Centers Green Bay at 920.227.1500 to discover more about where you can find a program near you.